5 Reasons To Take The Leap!
- Unlimited group training for the life of your dog – Click here for 10 reasons why our program works.
- 30+ years of expert dog training experience, columnist advice & dog trainer mentorship.
- Voted as 1 of the top 6 Atlanta dog training schools in Atlanta Magazine’s 2010 Pet Issue.
- 5 star reviews on Yelp.com & Kudzu.com in addition to client, veterinarian, and rescue shelter referrals
- Customized behavioral programs for rescue dog rehabilitation
We offer a unique selection of training solutions. Such as Day Camp Training, Unlimited group classes, Board Training, Private behavioral training lessons and much more! Our relationship and reward based methods are practical and effective. Your 4-legged pal will be prepared for everyday life circumstances. “Frogs to Dogs’ goal is to effectively train our client’s dog(s) using positive, non-confrontational training methods,” says Frogs to Dogs’ owner Andrew Zbeeb. “Some dogs are very quick learners; others require more time. By offering unlimited classes, we’re able to guarantee that all of the dogs master basic skills.” Depending on the pet’s progress, participants may attend as many or as few classes as they like. We enjoy having a patient and practical learning environment. Training is a lot of fun and we work hard to ensure that you enjoy your training experience with us. We encourage you to contact us for some references of our recent graduates. You can also read some written training testimonials on our website.
We have several classes held at various locations for you to attend each week. Please submit a training profile so we can gather preliminary information about you and your dog. Once the profile is completed, we will email you further details and information. We also offer Private Training Lessons, Day Camp Training and Board Training options.
Training Services & Rates
Please remember to complete the online Training Profile in preparation for any services.
- Private Behavioral Modification – $95 to $135 per session. – Initial one hour training evaluation/lesson is required to iron out your concerns, meet the family, and kick start the training plan. The initial evaluation cost is $135.00. Each following training lesson will be held at the rate of $95 per hour/session. All behavioral training lessons are customized to your pet’s needs (and your requested areas for improvement) and take place at various locations (e.g., Home, Park, FTD Training School).
- Unlimited Group Obedience PLUS! (Unlimited Life Attendance) – $300 – Unlimited Attendance to any of the group classes (click here for the training calendar), including our socialization night for eligible dogs! There isn’t anything basic about this comprehensive program. Classes cover an array of obedience cues, but most importantly, your dog will learn how to perform all of them in various environments with the distraction of other people and dogs present. Some of the basic commands learned are: focus, sit, down, stay, heel, loose leash walking and many other solutions to common behavioral problems. You’ll be ready to show off your skills when you graduate from this course. Requirements: 6 foot leash (no retractable leashes please), flat buckle collar, martingale collar, or body harness, treats, and up to date shot records. Puppies and adult dogs are welcome to join. We offer classes that cater to small dogs and puppies in addition to medium/large dogs. If you need more convincing – check out the kudzu and yelp reviews to see what our clients are saying! Contact us to arrange a time to see us for a free orientation and visit a class at no charge.
- Reactive Training! (One-On-Ones, Daycamps & Classes) – We have a proven game plan for teaching your dog coping mechanisms when encountering different dogs, people, and situations. We start with private in-home evaluation ($135), followed by additional one-on-ones ($95) as needed. Your dog will then move on to day camps ($50/day) where trainers can help your dogs overcome anxieties and instead focus on his/her handler. Your dog then transitions to you, as the handler, through our LIFETIME group classes for obedience/socialization ($300), where she/he can learn a variety of commands, while getting tons of practice with socialization with dogs/people of all kinds. Please contact us for more details, or submit a training profile for review and a trainer will contact you.
- Canine Good Citizen Program (6 week course) – $150 for a 6 week course. $20 per test, or per retake.
What is the Canine Good Citizen (CGC) program?
A ten-skill training program focused on good manners and obedience, instilling the values of responsible ownership, and strengthening the bond between you and your dog — at home and in the community. Upon completion of the program, you will complete the CGC test. Passing dogs receive an official ribbon and certificate from the American Kennel Club. CGC certification is considered a stepping stone for dogs seeking advanced training in agility, therapy and more. Further, it is a testament to your community that you are committed to responsible pet ownership.
What makes Frogs to Dogs CGC program different?
Our mission is always to strengthen the bond between you and your dog, and what better way than to have clients earn a Good Canine Citizen certificate together. Classes will take place at various locations to increase the community experience and showcase your dog as a productive member of today’s society. Contact us for more information, or to register for the next 6 week course.
Basic obedience mastery/graduation
- Therapy Prep! (9 week course) – $300 – This 9 week training course is tailored for human/dog teams who have goals of sharing their love all throughout the community through therapy animal work. The curriculum covered in this class will enhance basic obedience while also focusing on achieving canine interaction with humans that is both predictable and therapeutic. There are also periodical field trips arranged for this group so that dogs can learn to perform in a variety of settings. For a dog to officially register as a therapy dog, each participant will need to register and evaluate with an established therapy dog organization. Contact us for more information, or to register for the next course.
Basic obedience mastery/graduation
Canine Good Citizen certificate
- Day Camp Training – $50 per day – Day camp consists of your dog spending an entire day with our talented behavioral trainers at our Decatur facility to address your specific challenges. This is a great solution for a lot of behavioral issues – especially social anxieties, playing politely, and an array of other behavioral concerns. Please contact us for more details, or submit a training profile for review and a trainer will contact you.
- Board Training Program – $2500 for two weeks – This is a very customized approach for you to board your dog in one of the trainers’ homes, so we can focus on multiple behavioral concerns. Please contact us for more details, or submit a training profile for review and a trainer will contact you.